1.0 Perpetual time Inspection Terms and Conditions: The Inspection includes a visual check or the dial, hands, indices, luminescence, glass, crown, pushers (if applicable), bezel, bracelet and clasp. Within the scope of the authentication and condition service offered it is not possible to check fully the detailed operation of the watches movement without a complete service. As a result, the inspector is unable to confirm the detailed operation other than giving an overall view and opinion on the performances generally inspected or checked. Therefore, we cannot be held in any way liable or responsible for the failure of any of these systems to perform to the specification as designed by the manufacturer.
1.1 Definition of Words/Phrases used in these Terms and Conditions:
- A Watch condition / Authenticity report – means the inspection service provided to the Customer in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- The Customer / you – means a Customer of Perpetual time who places an order for Authenticity and or condition report.
- Inspection – means the report produced by the inspector as part of the Authentication / condition service, which will include your name and address of the customer, details of the watch inspected including the serial number, and will include a list of checks designed to outline areas of concern which the inspector has decided should be brought to your attention.
1.3 Report – Non-standard accessories as a result of personal modifications or otherwise. These will be documented within the authenticity report and will not otherwise be checked. Furthermore, any modifications to the watch cannot provide a guarantee the watch is running to factory specification. The service does not provide any indication of any faults which might have become apparent had the watch been used within harsh conditions. The service does not give any guarantee that ALL of the watches components are original or replacement components, which have been manufactured by the manufacturer of the watch. The service does not provide for the inspection of any parts and components or areas of the watch, which are not reasonably visible or accessible to the inspector at the time of the inspection.
1.4 The Authentication service does not guarantee authenticity of the warranty card, box or other documentation if provided. The authenticity / condition Inspection can only describe and/or identify defects actually found and/or which are reasonably capable of being found upon external visual consideration of the watch at the time of inspection. We cannot be held and are not responsible for any latent defects which are later discovered. We cannot advise of defects if we cannot see them, or they are not apparent during inspection of the watch concerned.
1.5 In particular please note that (without limiting the possibility to such watches) watches over 20 years old and those classed as vintage timepieces may have latent defects. While such defects may, in appropriate circumstances, give rise to a claim against the supplier, they fall outside the scope of our Reports and our Reports are provided on this basis.
1.6 Please note that watches over 10 years old which have not been serviced may contain serious internal, structural or mechanical defects and/or hidden corrosion, which is not detectable from external, visual assessment. Whilst every care has been taken to identify potential problems, these and other disadvantages in owning such a watch must be accepted by the Customer.
1.7 If the subject watch does not have recent service history or the service history has not been seen by the inspector at the time of the inspection, then we recommend that a service in accordance with the manufacturer’s specifications be undertaken. This may highlight other defects giving rise to repairs, which were not apparent on an external visual inspection.
2.0 The Customer is required to confirm to us that to the best of their knowledge the watch has not been stolen or gained through the proceeds of crime. We will not be obliged to carry out the inspection if the Customer is unwilling to confirm the above.
- Obtaining Necessary Permissions Enforcement of Terms
- It is the Customer’s responsibility to, and the Customer must, ensure that proper provision is made (including the obtaining of any necessary permission) for our check to be carried out on a watch which may still be under Guarantee or within consumer rights fixed returns period.
- If any part of these terms and conditions are held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable the validity of the remainder of these terms and conditions will not be affected.
2.2 These terms and conditions are enforceable only by Perpetual time and by you. It is not intended that anyone else has a right to enforce them whether under the Contract (Rights of Third Parties Act) 1999 or otherwise.
- Fees and Cancellations Use of Personal Information;
- All fees and charges must be paid by cash/bank wire transfer at the time of booking.
- We reserve the right to refuse to inspect or Report on any watch which has been modified.
- In the event that a cancellation of the Perpetual time Inspection is made within 24 hours of the date of the proposed inspection by you then a fee of £60 (incl VAT) of the total fee will remain payable. We reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee of £20 (incl VAT) if the cancellation is made by you more than 24 hours before the Inspection is due to take place any postage and or insurance fees will also be paid by the customer.
- Where an inspection is cancelled once the work is underway, or you have provided incorrect or incomplete information that has prevented us from carrying out the Inspection or as otherwise specified in these terms and conditions then no refund of the fee will be made.
- A cancellation must be notified to our team by telephone.
2.4 In order to facilitate the provision of services you agree that Perpetual time may share your personal information with The Watch Register Limited who shall be the party carrying out the Inspection to certify lost or stolen.
- The headings used in these terms and conditions are for convenience only and shall not affect the interpretation of their contents.
- These terms and conditions shall be interpreted in accordance with the Laws of England and Wales and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
2.6 Report Advice
If the watch is inspected subject to purchase, you are strongly advised to discuss the findings within the Report with the vendor PRIOR to making any decision to purchase the watch. If you have not viewed the watch personally, you must satisfy yourself of the watches cosmetic appearance, specification and suitability for your needs and expectations by viewing and testing sections yourself, prior to making your purchasing decision.
- In the event of a complaint or dissatisfaction please contact Perpetual time via email or telephone. We should be given the opportunity to re-inspect the watch and may need to do so to deal with the complaint. Depending on the nature of your complaint it may be dealt with by The Watch Register Limited who we facilitate to complete the lost and stolen search.
- No repairs should be affected, or any parts replaced on any watch, which is the subject of a complaint before the watch has been re-inspected by us. We will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for the cost of any repairs carried out without our previous agreement in writing.
- We reserve the right to re-inspect any watch at our own expense should it be considered necessary to deal with any complaint and an unbiased second opinion will be provided. Perpetual time Company Details Perpetual time Limited, whose registered office is at Perpetual-Time P.O BOX 2088, Liverpool, L69 1SL. Registered at Companies House -Company No. 07990938. VAT No: 313 8992 80.
2.8 Fair Processing Notice – Schedule
Using your personal information
- Perpetual time will use your personal information to provide the products/services you have requested, for administration, research and marketing including customer profiling (with information from third party agencies), to prevent and detect fraud and loss. We may contact you in any way (including mail, email, telephone and SMS) about products and services offered by us and/or selected partners unless you have previously asked us not to do so.
- We may disclose your information to other people and organisations to provide the services you have requested or where legitimately asked for as part of legal or regulatory purposes including prospective legal proceedings. Occasionally these organisations may be outside the EEA in countries that do not have the same standards of protection for personal information as the UK.
- We may monitor and record communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) for quality assurance and compliance reasons. Where you give us information on behalf of someone else, you confirm you have their consent and that they have not objected to these uses of their personal information.
2.9 Matters Outside of Our Reasonable Control
We shall not be liable for any delay in performing, or any failure to carry out an Inspection to the extent that such delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside our reasonable control.
3.0 Exclusion of Liability for Loss – We will not be liable for any loss or damage in circumstances where;
- such loss or damage is not a reasonably foreseeable result of any such breach (loss or damage is foreseeable where it could be contemplated by you and us at the time the watch is inspected);
- such loss or damage was not caused by a breach by us, our employees or agents;
- such losses are business losses or losses to customers who are not consumers;
- any increase in loss or damage results from breach by you of any term of this contract.
3.1 Perpetual time Inspections are supplied solely for the use of the Customer and are not for the use of, or to be relied upon by, any third party and the Customer shall be responsible for advising any such third party accordingly. However, in certain circumstances We reserve the right to disclose details of the report, (whether in whole or in part,) to a third party such as the vendor.
3.2 Nothing herein will affect the statutory rights of a consumer under any applicable.
Perpetual-Time will not take any liability for any transactions between buyer and seller which is done between both parties and does not include Perpetual-Time in any way. The seller must confirm by email that they have received the funds and once the seller has been called by Perpetual-Time followed by an email stating that funds have been received and are fully correct plus genuine in which the seller must call their bank to confirm. Once the email is received from the seller to confirm funds are correct and fully authentic then the watch will be sent or picked up by the new owner. Perpetual-Time cannot take any responsibility for any fraud or chargebacks from the banks etc.